Monday, June 8, 2009

Human Trafficking


I honestly had no clue what human trafficking was until I read about it in social. I knew stuff like that happened, I just didn’t realize that’s what it was called. So basically, human trafficking is when people come work in a different country but they get forced into doing bad work, such as, prostitution and such. It is really horrible and the people that are getting forced to do things really have no control over the situation.
Both of my parents work so about three or four years ago, they hired a lady from the Philippines to come and be a nanny/caregiver to us. She has basically become part of our family. But I guess the thing that kind of disturbed me is that she could have been part of human trafficking. She could have been one of the unfortunate people that don’t get the job they think they are getting. Really, they have no idea what to expect they can just hope for the best.
Even though human trafficking isn’t a pleasant subject we need to become more aware of it. If we don’t know about something, we can’t help make the situation better. The more we know about a certain situation, the more we can attempt to make it better. So the question, "To what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization" I could try to learn more about human trafficking and things like that. I can try to research on more of these topics that play a big part in globalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment